Quotes of the week:
1) Scottish man where we were giving service (to be read in full
Scottish accent)
"I know you speak Mexican! I heard ya speakin' it!"
2) Mexican guy in Walmart, directed to another Mexican woman (who we
had just barely invited to check out Mormon.org) points to us and
yells (in Spanish):
"DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM! THEY LIKE TRUMP!"
3) Some teenager (as he runs into his apartment fearfully):
"AHH! It's the CHURCH PEOPLE!!"
What a week, eh? I feel like everything crazy is happening now that I
have a Hispanic companion. We had like 5 people just feed us this week
outta nowhere - should I feel profiled?
Elder Frausto is a beast, fresh outta the MTC, fluent in Spanish, and
basically knows more than I do about how to do missionary work. I am
lead to ask, who is training whom?
Our area is on fire, the sisters who got double transferred out were
doing some serious work, I feel so blessed. We had our first appt with
Eva Martinez last night (their #1 investigator) which consisted of
facetiming the District Leader in for an interview and scheduling her
baptism, what a dream.
I am so much more aware lately of the Savior's grace. Every day I feel
so indebted to Him as I constantly rely on His tender mercies to carry
me through tough situations. He lives, He lives who once was dead!
Nowhere is grace more fully understood than the Book of Mormon. Feast
on it, just as Elder Frausto and I feasted on these tacos.... Love you
all to KOLOB and back! But especially Mom, Dad, Abs, Owe, and Will -
miss y'all the most!
-Elder Cox
Tacos with Elder Frausto
Elder Frausto's first door knock
No comments:
Post a Comment