Funny quotes and scenes of the week:
1) I went on a split with a hilarious Elder from rural Montana this
week, funny and patience testing events of the day included:
-When he declined to microwave the ramen I gave him for dinner and ate
it raw (w/ powder on top).
-The 3 separate occasions he asked to stop at gas stations for slushies.
-Stopping me in the middle of teaching an investigator to remind me to
be "more loving."
2) In testimony meeting, one of our recent converts (a former Baptist) gets up and says, "Today I am going to bear my testimony with a song,"
- starts singing, and what song is it? "I Believe I Can Fly."
3) Crazy Evangelical lady in a wheel chair, during a lesson, just
starts yelling out psychotically (staring at my companion):
"I SEE WINGS ON YOU!!" (as if he was an angel-yes)
BIG NEWS: Got my transfer call this morning, Elder Maxwell is leaving
the area and I'm staying, and I'm also District Leader now. My new
companion is Elder Crockett (my trainer's last companion), and I hope
he is ready to work!!
Transfers are so nerve racking. Nothing scares you more than the
prospect of getting a real disobedient or lazy comp, it can make your
next 6 weeks a real slosh.
Spiritual thought of the week:
My message this week is that the little promptings count!
In the same day, I received two little promptings that made all the difference.
The first one was to leave a move a bit early. I felt that "They can
handle the rest no problem, go back home and finish your studies", but
instead of listening to it, I just thought "Nah, I think they need us
still, it doesn't look so good."
I disobeyed the prompting, and it ended up ruining the whole day's
plans, they didn't need more help, the Lord was right.
The second one was at the very beginning of our 2nd lesson with a
random investigator. I felt prompted out of nowhere to teach him about
the word of wisdom (pretty heavy for the second lesson).
I obeyed the prompting, and during the lesson he got up and threw his
cigarettes in the garbage right in front of us, totally miraculous.
Be good this week!
-Elder Cox


No comments:
Post a Comment