Week #35 (February 1, 2016)
Quotes/Scenes of the week:
1) This old dude came outside his house and told us that he was a
former marine, invited us back over to share the message, then
jokingly said "I'll have to move all the guns around the house so y'all can sit around."
*followed by a psychotic laugh*
Then we asked him for referrals, and he pulls out a knife and points
to a house around the road, THERE
*second psychotic laugh*
What a week it has been everyone.
Kali, super massive congrats on going to Taiwan!
Two experiences I'll share with y'all:
1) Got asked to give a baptismal interview to an 11 yr old that is
getting baptized this coming saturday. It was such a beautiful
uplifting experience to hear her simple testimony and then
to answer some of her super sincere, sweet questions. We ought to all be
more like the children, just as Christ invites us to.
2) I got asked to speak in our Spanish ward's sacrament and share my
feelings about the missionary work I do.
The long and short of it is that I got up and cried for 3 minutes
continuously, then weakly shared like 3 experiences of the 18 I had
planned to share.
I am so grateful for my mission.
I know that the Savior lives, and I am so grateful for the chance to
wear his name on my chest for these short years.
Much love,
Elder Cox
No comments:
Post a Comment