Monday, June 13, 2016

Week#53 (June 13, 2016)
Quotes/scenes:

1) Service project of the week: branding and castrating cows

2) "You see that? THAT's TEXTBOOK!" - one of the cowboys *describing
his castrating technique*

This week was something else.

That service project was just too insane to even put into an email.
I'm talking: body-slamming calves, roping them, getting charged by
cows, insanity all around.

I actually roped one of the cows (with a lasso) and dragged it in to
brand and castrate it.

And the craziest part - I did it all with our Syrian district leader,
Elder Ahmad (the first ever missionary hailing from Syria, who speaks
4 languages). I was wearing his borrowed European clothes. Classic.

The only other interesting thing was the other day when two
investigator lessons in a row were interrupted by mothers who anti-ed
us out of the house.

We don't have many super solid investigators right now, we are
fighting the finding battle most days, but it's a good time. Nothing
beats the excitement of lookin for the "elect"!

We have seen some serious miracles of late. The Lord's hand is
constantly moving around us, he sends us to people, sends people to
us, and gives us chances to minister to his children that we could
never plan for, I love Him!

Here are the pics for the week (cow I roped and me with Elder Langi)

Love yall to Kolob and back!
-Elder Cox


Elders Bunker (Saratoga Springs), Langi (Tonga), and I



Elder Ahmad (the first Syrian missionary, speaks 5 languages, etc etc) and I wrastling, branding, and castrating cattle in Forney, TX





No comments:

Post a Comment