Grandma LeNae you will be sorely missed, what an awesome example of
faithfulness til the end, how grateful I am to know that I will see
you again!
Quote of the week:
1) Had a crazy night on Saturday. Ate some nuts on accident. Began
dying. Drove an hour and a half to do a baptismal interview. Slept the
whole way there and back on a high dosage of allergy medicine, except
for the one stop we made at Walmart (for the member who drove us to
buy mountain dew to stay awake). At this Walmart stop, I woke up and
got out of the car to try and contact a couple of people (pretty
interesting at 9 pm at a Walmart parking lot in rural Texas).
First person we contact is a ravenous anti-mormon, begins to bash us
hard, I tell him we don't have time because I am busing giving out all
these cards, his response to me was the quote of the week (read in
Larry the Cable Guy voice for full effect):
"I wish y'all wouldn't hand out those cards to everyone], you are
just DAMNIN' THEM ALL TO HELL!!"
Transfer calls came on Tuesday of last week, and I got moved out to
East Texas (the equivalent of Northern Nevada) into the Longview 4th
Spanish Branch! This branch is on fire!!!
I was sad to say to leave Elder Bunker, but my new companion Elder
Finlinson is awesome (it's the kid who we met in the Desert Book in
Salt Lake mom). We actually came out at the exact same time.
We had a truly awesome week. I don't have a ton of time to go through
it blow by blow.
One super incredible experience:
We were out basically tracting the other day, it was almost lunchtime,
and right when I was about to turn it in and eat some lunch I felt a
prompting to go over and knock one particular trailer in this trailer
park. We taught the people who opened the door and set a baptismal
date the same lesson.
Being in a Spanish branch again is the dream: speaking Spanish 24/7,
you know every member, you feel like part of the family, they have
such a strong faith.
I totally got emotional on fast sunday at the power of these people's
faith, it is so strong!
Our branch is just a pack of rock solid recent converts of the last 10
years who are pioneers in their families. I could talk about them all
day.
This transfer into my new area is a new beginning. It's time for me to
consecrate myself and go to work to bring others to know the Savior.
I know this Church is God's church on the Earth today.
Love yall bye,
Elder Cox
P.S. Look at this door with 3 handles and this cute kid in the branch
and my new companion.
Door with tons of handles
Danieltio Gonzalez in Longview - first night in the area, they feed me dinner
Elder Finlinson and I at the Oak Cliff chapel
Elder Bunker and I meeting for the first time as companions
No comments:
Post a Comment