Monday, October 3, 2016

Week #68 (September 26, 2016)



Quote of the week:

Contacting a biker at a gas station - he rejects the card then says:
"MAN! I am so sick of you WHITE BOYS! (he is white as well).  Y'all are
so soft! Be a man! Get a mohawk! (Points to his 'Ride a motorcycle!
Join a biker club!' t-shirt). Come on!"

It was sad, but the guy meant well. He was "just trying to look out
for me" in this tough world.

Transfers came, and now I am training Elder Bailey from Rupert, Idaho!

He is a great guy - great desire to work, good attitude. The only
thing he needs is a better trainer... It's tough trying to be a good
example for him and show him the ways of the force, but he is a good
elder and I'm sure he would turn out fine with any companion by his
side.

General conference is this coming weekend, can you believe it? I sure can't.

I have been thinking a lot lately about being a "man of God" and what
that means. The biker's quote was especially nice for contrast.

My address is the same. I am blessed to be in the Longview 4th branch
still. These members are growing on me and our investigator work is
soaring. A member's sister and cousin are both on track for baptism
and coming to church.  Very exciting!

I love and miss you all -  be good and live the gospel! Christ lives!

Elder Cox  




No comments:

Post a Comment