Sunday morning, running late for church, I see a man getting into his car across the street from us.
Despite all the excuses I had run through my mind about why NOT to talk to him (primarily that we would be late for church), we went and talked with him.
Turns out he is a less-active member - how bout that?
Though not interested in coming to church, he gave us a ride and we made it on time!
This got us to church (an English ward) and BOTH of the English speakers we are passing off were THERE!
The Lord truly provides a way.
Now for the funny: the Less-Active who gave us a ride is now part of the "worship-team" (aka band) at a local non-denominational church, and first thing he does when we get in the car is throw on his Christian-freestyle-raps.
After we listen to this pretty intense, Christian rap (which I just couldn't bring myself to tell him to turn off) - he says:
"Oh yah baby! I been puttin' in WORK for the KINGDOM!"
Then he kinda started anti-ing us, the highlight of which was when he said:
"Your spirit isn't in your cockpit (pointing to his own head) looking through your windshield (pointing to his eyes), IT'S IN YOUR LOINS!! (pointing to his loins)."
I think he was trying to tell us that we had been brain-washed and our spirit doesn't want to be Mormon, but that may be a misinterpretation, I'm not quite sure.
He was a life-saver and I felt for the guy. He is trying his best and he'll be blessed for that. The Lord blesses me for mine (which I am sure looks about as funny as a freestyle rap to Him).
I know that the Lord lives. I am relying on Him daily. I wish everyone could come and experience what the mission is like, especially under President and Sister Taylor's leadership. It's a dream.
Read, pray, and obey this week, and He won't let you down!!
No comments:
Post a Comment