Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Week #75 (November 14, 2016)

Quote of the week:

"You guys need to go look at the Bible."
-  Some old lady who slammed the door on us

I am sorry for the hopelessly low amount of info I gave about my
transfer last week.

I am now with Elder Chase Martin from Provo, UT. He has been out over
20 months and is just about the most golden guy ever. Not trunky in
the least, still works super hard and is super obedient, I'm blessed.

We cover the North area of the Carrollton 3rd Spanish Ward on bikes.
Elder Martin is one of our zone leaders and I am on "special
assignment" from President, so basically, we spend <50% of the week in
our area. We are constantly exchanging with different companionships
to try to lift them and their areas to new heights.

Colton! Congrats on the mission call my cuz - don't tell anyone I told
you, but stateside missions are the best of all worlds, you will be so
happy.

Mom, that package was just 100% awesome, thank you so much. And Owen
and Will and Abs and Dad, I appreciated the notes inside.

This gospel is incredible, I feel so priviledged to be serving the
Lord. It is so nice to have my priorities so outlined and simple in
front of me, I was saddened this week as I realized that someday I
will have responsibilities outside of the church IN ADDITION to my
church responsibilities.

Going to work everyday will never feel as cool as leaving the
apartment to go share the gospel all day.  Sorry.

Think about Abinadi's words and ask yourself where you "spend your
strength" this week -- don't be wasting it!

Love,

Elder Cox

My favorite members in Carrollton 3 - La Familia Perdomo


Random construction worker who is taking the lessons in Utah and going back in a couple weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment