Quotes/Scenes of the Week:
1) "You have 5 seconds to get off my porch." - Less Active member of the church
2) I went on an exchange this week out into the coutryside of East
Texas in Greenville. I go up to shake this guy's hand in his driveway
and he says: "Whoa sorry, just broke my hand..."
Turns his hand over, there is a golf-ball sized lump over his
forefinger knuckle - whoa.
3) "It was Kangaroo!" - Brother White (I think that's his name)
revealing the mystery meat our burgers were made out of at his
dinner/celebration.
That call yesterday lifted me up, it was awesome seeing the whole
family and hearing y'all's voices live. I am so grateful President
invited us to share our testimony with our families, that was really
special. That testimony has grown from a lot of tests and trials on
the mission.
Other than Daxton's man voice and Abbie's grown-up appearance, I
actually don't feel like much has changed. The Lord has really looked
out for us.
I want to tell you about a new investigator family we just met a
couple days ago. We are teaching them for the 2nd time tonight.
The mother of this family is listening to us for 1 reason and 1 reason
alone. There was 1 cool mormon guy who moved into her high school when
she was sixteen.
He just treated her so kindly, and treated his siblings so kindly, and
held up the church's standards so well, that she decided now (30+
years later) to sit down and hear what the missionaries have to say.
Never underestimate how much people observe us mormons.
Before an investigator asks a question like "Was Joseph Smith
actually a prophet of God?" - months if not years of preparation take
place, bringing them to the point where they even trust you (the
present embodiment of a mormon) enough to ask.
Moral of the soapbox: Be good examples!
I know that this work is God's work. I have felt Him guiding me as I
do it. I have felt His pleasure when I do it the way he asks. He
lives, as well as His Son, Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon will bring
you closer to them than any other book on earth. Read it!
Love yall to Kolob and Back!
-Elder Cox
Elders Powell and Manning (my Grandfather and Father in the mission) with Elders Bunker and I and our trainees or "sons" (their grand and great-grandkids)
A great view in Greenville, TX
Hermano Nelson Arévalo - our ward mission leader in Rowlett 3 Spanish ward
Elder Manning
Spencer Manning, (center) my trainer (back for a visit), and Elder Brimhall (far right), my trainee!
Mother's Day video shot
No comments:
Post a Comment