Memorable moments of the week:
1) We approach the house of a part-member family, they haven't been to church in a while.
The 3rd eldest son, 20 years old, opens the door in nothing but his boxers and socks, tells us he is atheist, and says we can come back Sunday if we want to meet the younger siblings - whoa.
2) I walk out of a lesson on Sunday, we just finished teaching a Nigerian family of 7 in their countryside mansion, I say goodbye to the member who accompanied us (a corporate litigation lawyer from Harvard), climb into my Chevy Cruze with my companion, and then it hits me - This is actually happening right now, on my mission. I thought I would be tracting in the amazon and eating bugs for two years, trying to speak clicking language.....
This week has been something else.
On Tuesday transfer calls come, Elder Fine leaves for Oak Cliff that afternoon.
I meet my new companion - Elder Bunker - at President's church building in Dallas the same day.
I find out that my trainee - Elder Brimhall - is in my zone now!
I find out we are no longer covering the Spanish ward (even though Elder Bunker and I are both assigned Spanish speaking - strange).
We move to a different apartment, unpack.
Two days ago, we get a call telling us we are moving - again.
So, there you have it. Lots of excitement. Elder Bunker and I get along great. He is super chill, which balances out my intensity, and has a good sense of humor. And the coolest kawinkeedink ever, he had the same trainer as me - Elder Manning.
This is gonna be a killer transfer!
Love yall to Kolob and back!
-Elder Cox
Departing picture with Elder Fine, luckily we ended on good terms
Mind bomb - my trainer, Elder Manning, and my new comp Bunker in background
No comments:
Post a Comment