Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Week #47 (May 2, 2016)

Quotes/scenes of the week:
1) "Oh we just couldn't kick those last missionaries out, they would come over for 3 hours at a time those guys!" -One of our less-actives we just discovered in the area we white washed.
2) "We definitely have no interest in being baptized mormon, but we sure love having you guys over! Those last guys spent all kinds of time with us!" - One of the investigators we just discovered in our white-washed area.
3) "OHHH Elder __________ got moved?!?! He was my 'bro'!" - A young woman in the ward we just moved into.
We have a pretty long clean-up ahead of us that the last missionaries left behind (as the disconcerting quotes manifest). Kind of rough.
On top of that not-so-delightful introduction to the work in this area, we had a zone event that came out quasi disastrous, and overall I just feel like I could be doing way better than I am right now. 
Spiritual thought: 
After feeling that way all week and being pretty down-trodden, fast Sunday was a gift from Heaven. The clear answer that I received was simply this:
"You definitely have been coming up way short, but that is what the Plan is here for. That is what I sent my Son for."
I doubt many of you have goofed up as much as I have, but it doesn't matter, the Plan is here for us. The Savior lives. Turn to Him and find help!
Love you all to Kolob and Back!
- Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment