Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Week #65 (September 5, 2016)

Quotes and scenes of the week:

1) *9-yr old and I conversating*
Me: "What's your name bud?"
Kid: "I am not telling you!"
His grandpa from far away: "Keagan! Put that down!"
Kid: "My name is not Keagan! It's SHARK BOY!"

2) *Contacting outside the Longview public library*
Man in dirty pajamas and tevas: "I have come to flush your doctrine
out of this area!"
"What day do you worship?!"
Me: "Sundays"
Pajama man: "HA! I knew it.... SUN WORSHIPPER!!!!"

This week was so full of miracles I don't know where to start.

Here's one: Elder's quorum president and relief society president
(married) brought 4 investigators to church and casually introduced us
to them saying: "I brought you some customers." I melted.

Our members have started to catch fire and invite their friends and
family to listen; it's a dream.

I pray I don't get transferred out of this branch this coming transfer
cycle. The members and the area are just too awesome. One family, Los
Cadenas, is just like my own family. I dream of being half as
converted as them one day (baptized 8 yrs ago). I am just so blessed
to be here, I love my mission so much.

My companion is great, too. He's a really patient guy (a necessity to be
selected as my companion). He is helping me sing more in tune, a labor
of love.

Pictures are with different members (Los Rubio and Los Cadenas, and
Ramón who got us groceries) and then that's my companion selfie-ing
and me making tortillas.

The gospel is true. Let's give the Savior everything He deserves this week!

Love,
Elder Cox



The faithful, good-cookin' Familia Cadenas from Longview 4th branch


Ramon Alba brought us some groceries, great member









Makin tortillas at the Cadena's home




Fun district meeting game with Elder Cole and Sister Cowper



Recent Convert lessons with Maribel Cejas (sitting directly to my right in the photo) and this faithful family (whose names I can't remember)


No comments:

Post a Comment