1) Went over to do service for a returning less-active member and
ended up basically digging a trench along her fench line. Due to her
lack of resources, and my brilliance breaking her only shovel in the
first 15 minutes, our primary digging instrument was that of the
hammer.
We hit this massive root, and the claw end of the hammer just wasn't
cutting it anymore (literally). So we went through her very menial
tool collection and luckily found a chisel.
10 minutes later, the chisel is at sword-in-the-stone depth and we
cannot remove it.
This is the picture of us using a smaller chisel we found, trying to
remove the larger chisel -

ended up basically digging a trench along her fench line. Due to her
lack of resources, and my brilliance breaking her only shovel in the
first 15 minutes, our primary digging instrument was that of the
hammer.
We hit this massive root, and the claw end of the hammer just wasn't
cutting it anymore (literally). So we went through her very menial
tool collection and luckily found a chisel.
10 minutes later, the chisel is at sword-in-the-stone depth and we
cannot remove it.
This is the picture of us using a smaller chisel we found, trying to
remove the larger chisel -
I enjoy working with roots. Must run in the family.
Sunday was a mix, we had 7 investigators at church, but Tony (our golden boy) didn't make it.
I am so grateful to have President and Sister Taylor, I wish you could all experience them. Their trainings at MLC were a perspective changer. I love them so much.
The classic Abraham Lincoln quote saying: "All that I am, I owe to my mother" has been on my mind lately. This is mostly because my mom is so incredible, but also because a variation of the quote came to mind the other day: "All that I am, I owe to the Savior."
I cannot express the debt I feel to the Savior in words. His influence, which I have felt on my mission has been the most profound of my whole life. The only influence to surpass that of my mom. I rely on Him daily.
I love this little branch, I love the Book of Mormon, I love my family, I love Pres. and Sis. Taylor, I love my mission. I'm just a lover these days.
Have a great week,
Elder Cox
Here's a picture of Elder Fifita picking me up on P-day, the Longview Zone at Zone meeting this Friday, and my companion selfie-ing during the root crisis


No comments:
Post a Comment