Friday, April 29, 2016

Week #46 (April 25, 2016)

Quote/Scene of the week:

1) Cleofas (less-active member) had us moving a bunch of junk around
and I picked up an old metallic sheet, a ton of rats ran out, and my
companion gets a stick to poke at them, Cleofas just yells (in total
Nacho Libre accent):
         "MATALO! MATALO!" -- translated -- "Kill him! Kill him!"

2) I put the wrong kind of soap in our dish washer (like a dunce) and
it flooded our kitchen.

The only big news this week is that Elder Fine and I got transferred
(halfway through the transfer) to white wash this random English ward
across the lake. The stake president decoded that he wanted spanish
missionaries there, so President just sent us there. Pretty big
change, especially right after this area started to get up and crawl a
little.

The Heath Ward is incredible though. We went for the first time this
Sunday and they are so ready to work with us. The missionaries here
before us were really hard workers and very heart-broken to leave, it
was tough transitioning with all the members mentioning their names
inquisitively.

After 3 exchanges this week with district leaders we had a super
special event  on Saturday - Elder Lawrence Corbridge of the Seventy
(the one who gave the greatest talk ever in the regional conference
about "Primary and Secondary Questions") came and visited us and blew
our minds.

He spent 40 minutes proving logically the truthfulness of 1) the
existence of God 2) the prophethood of Joseph Smith 3) the Messiaship
of Christ.

One of the hugest mind bombs he gave us was this: "Once you come to
accept a greater reality, you will accept lesser realities."

He cited one reality in particular as the greatest from which we can
derive many others: "The fact that 'I am' and 'You are' - our
recognition of our actual existence."

When we recognize that we can accept the reality of a creator and move
forward building on the truths that follow.

It was incredible, most missionaries fell asleep, I was just in giggly
awe the whole meeting. I think that I want to major in philosophy
because of this guy.

Love yall to Kolob and Back

-Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment