Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Week #39 (February 29, 2016)

Quotes/Scenes of the week:

1) Knocked on an investigator's door, his girlfriend answers, he peaks
his head out from inside the group of people circled around his dining
room table and calmly waves us off because he was "taking care of
business." It was most definitely a drug cartel meeting that we
witnessed; I would bet hard cash on that.

2) Run up to contact a guy, and he yells back at us
"I am not in the mood to talk right now guys, girlfriend just broke up
with me."

3) Knock on a potential investigators door we taught a week ago, his
wife comes to answer, fully presses her forehead on the center window
of the door, and says in the best nacho libre woman voice, "¿QUIEN
ES?"

4) Spanish ward hilariousness:  Gospel Principles teacher goes off talking about
"premortal marriage" and the 1st counselor has to rein him in.

5) Service at a hispanic member's house:  we fill this trash can full
of branches and they are sticking out like 2 feet above the lid. The
75-year-old member walks up, and BALANCES the lid on top of the
branches.

6) The gold plated, diamond-encrusted Jesus-head neck chain our new
friend Frederick was wearing - called his "Sunday chain."

Baptism this Saturday for an investigator we just got passed from
another companionship, named Patricia. We interview her this Tuesday to firm
things up.

Awesome zone meeting this last Friday, we have a TON of Polynesians.
The big theme was from a Polynesian legend about "burning your
canoes," so we made paper canoes and burned them together. (picture
at the bottom).

Spiritual thought for the day:

I have been thinking and worrying a lot lately about what I ought to
be doing day-to-day, or in other words "my duties" as a missionary.

I read a super insightful part in Jesus the Christ that said that as
servants of the Lord, the best effort we have is our only duty to
give. Servants don't just do a list of chores, they serve their master
in any way that is asked of them, that is their only duty.

It really put my mind into a new mode as I realized how I ought to
think about my missionary service and how I ought to treat my
"duties."

Much love,
Elder Cox
Zone Conference

"Burning our Canoes" with Elder Crockett

Haircut - Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment