Quotes/Scenes of the week:
1) The largest rotweiler in history, with no leash - staring us down
and charging my companion. I have never been that scared in my entire
existence.
2) Our senior citizen member packing a 9 mil around our service project.
3) One of our members: "I am convinced that Hillary Clinton is the anti-Christ."
This has been an amazing week to say the least. I got to take care of
a baptismal interview for someone who I taught like 3 months ago,
before she moved to a different area. That was special; everyone has
their time!
I also got to confirm one of our investigators on Sunday in our
English ward - she had gotten baptized Saturday! The highlight of her
baptismal service was the prayer from her recent convert son where he
said, "Thank you for bringing my mother into this church." That was a
very powerful moment - wish you coulda been there.
Both experiences were amazing to say the very least. It has been a
very uplifting week in that regard. My poor companion has been really
sick though, so that put a little damper on the plans, but I still
think that we maximized our time for what he could do each day, so no
regrets there.
Miracle of the week:
When our investigator (the one baptized Saturday) was getting her
baptismal interview during the week, we showed up for the final
lesson and (unlike previous lessons) her son didn't come to help out
with the teaching, so we had no man present and couldn't meet with
her.
This is all happening at the church, and we are just freaking out when
we see that her son didn't come.
So what happens? A member pulls up in the church parking lot and says
"Hey elders, would y'all like to hold the lesson in our home?"
Long story short, disaster avoided, the baptismal interview happened,
and another soul has been brought to the Savior.
I know that in my journey to Christ there have been many mighty
miracles that have caught me right before I fell and saved the day.
Count those miracles in your own lives, it'll show you just how
important you are to the Savior.
Have a stellar week!
- Elder Cox
Investigator Patricia (taught by other missionaries then moved to our ward)
finished reading aloud. BAM.
No comments:
Post a Comment