Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week #10 (August 17, 2015)

¿Que onda?
First order of business: Grandpa and Grandma, Happy 50th wedding anniversary!!
Second order: Elder Uhler- try not to baptize the entire Philippines
and trigger an early second coming (BTW I'm heckin' proud of you stud!)

Quotes of the week:
#1 from our Pakistani neighbor talking to my companion: "You are very
fat. Start running 20 minutes a day, and stop eating so much."
#2 A 20 minute liberal rant from a random teenager in the street,
with the crowning moment where he says: "Money is the head of the
snake."

Scene of the week:
Us pushing the Vietnamese woman's car 1 mile to her apartment, her
braking at every turn and speed bump, and then *dramatic pause* starting her car once we arrived at her house.....?

This week era maravillosa.

Most days we just bike all day to different appointments, stop and
talk to crazy people on the street (like the white man who claims he
"would be Muslim if he decided to ever become a denomination"),  then
we arrive, they answer the door, it goes awesome, we give them a
blessing (something we did 3 times this week), then just feel that
spiritual high the rest of the day.

Members feed us amazing food (like the chorizo and eggs for breakfast
one day), so I know what you're thinking: "Bet that guy's gettin' fat!"
I'd be thinking the same thing, but I have lost something like 20
pounds, I didn't even know that was possible from where I started. And with our
biking, my thighs have double in diameter.

Spiritual experiences:
We have a celestial investigator name Pedro. He just appeared
magically at church the other day, drenched in sweat. He bikes there
every Sunday to be at church 40 minutes early, and he does so while
living some 20 miles away.
Another member is amazing. He works 3 jobs, one to eat, one for his
son's mission, and one to support his wife living in Mexico.

The dedication of these people is amazing.
I love them so much.
The gospel is true guys. Read the Book of Mormon or reread it and then
take personal questions to the Lord.  He answers them and calms our
fears.

Take care!
Elder Cox

Lost a lot of weight in these first weeks on a bike, can you tell? 






Before crossing the river (next photo), we road abt a mile down the side of the river to follow the prompting I felt to visit someone that direction 


Elder Manning's last full proselyting day, we road across this river (on a prompting that I felt and they followed) and he (E. Manning) fell into the shallow part covered in algae, it was a memory 

No comments:

Post a Comment