Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week #20 (October 26, 2015)

Quote of the week:

Random electrician mowing his lawn: "I personally find the King James
Version to be a good translation of the bible." (Apparently an expert
in Hebrew as well) and later, "I could be an English professor, but I
prefer to work with my hands."

Random guy (who happens to be African American):
"I debate my equals, everyone else?-I teach...Get out your pen and
take a few notes on some historical facts."
"God is black... According to Egyptian Scrolls...Gay Europeans changed
the Bible."
"Did you know whites people are outnumbered 15:1 on this planet?!"
"The idea that I would be found getting taught by a couple WHITE BOYS
on the street!..."

 Pretty ho hum week.... Except for the fact that it was the week
before my mother's birthday! Everyone better get that lady a birthday
wish ASAP, it's not everyday you turn 27.

We got a couple investigators to church this week, and one I see huge
potential in.

My new trainee Elder Brimhall is a beast and spoke this Sunday. Also
we got soaked this week in some serious rainstorms - that was a blast.

Got some amazing packages from Grandma Karen and my mama, magical to
say the least.

Spiritual thought of the week:

The Savior actually lives. Just spend a few minutes thinking about Him
today or tonight. The more I think of Him, the better my days go.
I know that He lives, He has carried my burdens during my really short
time as a missionary.

Love you all,
Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment