Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week #17 (October 5, 2015)

Quote of the week:

Our land lady talking to us while we stand outside the office using
wifi for our iPads:
"Can you guys come in, it's just that we've gotten like 13 calls
saying there are detectives outside the office investigating..."

I don't know what you all would like in these emails -- feel free to tell
me what they lack anytime. I really appreciate what you all have sent
me back over these few weeks -- random updates and hellos are always
welcome!

Uncle Bryan, those letters from your family meant so much this week, I
really appreciated that. Anytime Spanish gets tough I just think of
learning Chinese and chuckle to myself.  Know you will always have set
the standard of awesomeness with mission languages there.

Time is so fast and yet so slow on the mission. Time behind me feels
like it wasn't 4 seconds and I don't feel like I've done hardly
anything.  There is so much work the Lord needs done!

Now for the spiritual thought:

In Nephi 2:27 (in the Book of Mormon) we have a great scripture:
"Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are
given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose
liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to
choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of
the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto
himself."

I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is really the key to meaning
and freedom in this life. Freedom from the bondage that is sin. I see
people everyday who are really just locked up by what they do all the
time, they can't just do what they want, because they aren't doing
what God wants.

Be good this week!
-Elder Cox

Elders Baldwin, Riggs, and I pushing a broke down truck

1 comment: