Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week #2 (June 23, 2010)

Whaddup fam?

Quotes of the week:
Elder Rovere (Brasilian with no English):
(singing to the tune of mj's Beat It)
"It's P-day. Just P-day."

Elder Wahlquist (baby faced Southerner)
(casually)
"Yah, my grandma loves squirrel brains, but we gotta kill em." 

First things first, Dear Elder is the most magical thing ever. Getting
mail from you guys during the day is an excellent pick-me-up after a 30
minute lesson with Pedro using 2nd grade Spanish intermixed with
gospel lingo. Love the updates from home. Send me them and u have my
love.

This week was amazing. We'll probably get a devotional from an apostle
tonight, so the hype is up. I got asked to say a prayer at the
upcoming devotional on Sunday (also with an apostle most likely).

I'll count the prayer a major success if I can speak entirely in
English and not bust out in an excited fit of giggles because an
apostle is behind me listening to me pray.

Homesickness hit me hard one day this week, but rather than go into
details I'll say a couple things. For one, I didn't cry. You think that
goes without saying, but just about every dude I know cries at the MTC
(at times other than testimony bearing). And for two, the Savior's
promise that he wouldn't leave us comfortless is a reality.

Lessons with these imaginary investigators are hilarious. The best is
when they ask you a difficult question. Pedro (our "investigator" who
wears his G's to every lesson) asked us about Marijuana and the
church's stance on the non-smoking type. Try explaining that in
English. Now tell a 2nd grader the explanantion and have them explain
it to another person. That was my response.

Now spiritual thought:
I am reading the New Testament right now (which makes me think of
Ken's class every two seconds) and there is that amazing part with
Peter and Andrew when the Savior recruits them. He literally walks by
their boat and just says, follow me. They then "left their nets
straightway and followed him."
This week i would encourage you all to leave nets and do what is needful.
My love for the Savior grows everyday. Remember Him always like you've
promised to do and the blessings gone be flowin.