Amigos, las citas de la semana:
#1) 18 year old investigator, struggles to answer a simple question
from my companion:
Investigator: "Sorry man my brain is a little burnt out right now."
My comp: "Why what's up?"
Investigator: "Just a lot of dope I guess."
#2) Same investigator in the most random part of the conversation,
after a 9 second pause:
"Do you wanna go fishing on Sunday?!?!"
These nutty quotes make me want to give you a really insightful quote
from a wise man I know named Michael Cox: "Don't do drugs kids." For
real, or you'll end up like the whacked out investigator who itches his
head crazily and blankly stares at your forehead when you talk.
No big news this week for you all, missionary life is tons of fun. I
love just talking to Hispanics all the day -- they are so much cooler to
us than white people and have so much faith just built into their
culture, I love them. And Spanish is the most fun language ever.
But aside from who we teach or the language we are using, the real
stuff that matters is what we are saying to those people in that
language. And teaching them the gospel is the most magical thing ever.
Regardless of how goofy or strange Mormons may look to people, or
rumors, anyone who lets us in is quite ready to tell us that our
message makes perfect sense to them. The Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith,
and the Word of Wisdom are far from strange if you look at them.
I know that what I share with people is true. I've watched the Book of
Mormon and our message as a whole change perspectives and draw people
closer to Christ. I hope you all read in the Book of Mormon today,
that book will bring peace in hard times and bring you closer to your
Savior Jesus Christ than anyone else.
Love you all!
-Elder Cox
(Elder Stowe went home this week and I didn't want freak everyone out by telling them, that is why it is only Elders Baldwin and Riggs and I with Hermano Morales in this picture - my favorite member from Guatemala who told me I was his son and that he would do anything for me.)

No comments:
Post a Comment